Energy Current: Orogenic to support ConocoPhillips' Natuna Sea project [07-11-2007]
INDONESIA: Malaysia-based Orogenic Group said its marine geotechnical rig, AG-75, is preparing to mobilize to support jackup ENSCO 67's drilling program in the ConocoPhillips-operated Natuna Sea Block B, offshore Indonesia. AG-75 will drill several boreholes in the Natuna Sea for use to determine foundation analysis of the jackup rig. AG-75 will also conduct sampling and in-situ cone testing for the jackup's leg penetration studies. The entire project is expected to be completed in third week of August.
After the completion of the Natuna Sea program, AG-75 will be deployed in Malaysia and Vietnam before departing for UK, where it will be stationed for the next two years to undertake secured projects in the North Sea and West Africa.
AG-75's main drilling mast is able to accommodate up to 1,800 API drilling pipes. It can be used to operate in 1,600 metres to 1,800 metres (5,249 ft to 5,905 ft) of water with a minor upgrade on its winches and the power swivel.
Orogenic owns two other rigs, AG-20, which is supporting Total's operations in Indonesia, and AG-25, which is undergoing construction in Singapore. AG-25 is expected to come on stream in end Sept 2007. The Malaysia-based oilfield investigation and evaluation services provider intends to spend US$8.8 million on its fleet expansion including the acquisition of two geotechnical vessels next year. Orogenic recently acquired an operating unit in China to tap on the country's growing demand for oilfield services.
- [12-05-2011] - OGSB secured new project in Indonesia.
- [11-11-2009] - OGEO Took Delivery of MV Genesis
- [11-11-2009] - Orogenic GeoExpro Completed Maiden 2D HR Digital Seismic Work
- [06-11-2009] - OGEO wins 3 years contract in Brunei
- [11-11-2009] - OGEO wins contract with EMEPMI
- [28-10-2008] - Orogenic GeoExpro Takes Delivery of DPV Ekteshaf
- [28-10-2008] - Orogenic Will Participate in Three (3) Oil and Gas Exhibitions
- [28-10-2008] - Orogenic Eyes European Markets
- [11-01-2008] - Orogenic Group Eyes RM156 Million Revenue by Next Year
- [28-10-2008] - Press Release on Purchase of Geotechnical Vessel - MV Orogenic Geos
- [28-10-2008] - BERNAMA - Orogenic Eyes Middle East Oil And Gas Market
- [28-10-2008] - Ain't No Mountain High Enough: Orogenic features in MPC Resource Magazine
- [07-11-2007] - Energy Current: Orogenic to support ConocoPhillips' Natuna Sea project
- [07-11-2007] - Business Times: Orogenic supplies expertise to global oil firms