BERNAMA - Orogenic Eyes Middle East Oil And Gas Market [28-10-2008]
By Nor Faridah Rashid
DUBAI, Dec 14 (Bernama) -- When the Orogenic group of companies made its debut at the recent Arab Oil & Gas Show (AOGS) here it wanted more exposure to the Middle East market since it had bid for a job in Oman.
It got the exposure when various countries like Libya, Algeria, Kuwait, Yemen and Qatar showed interest in the group's services.
Orogenic Holdings Sdn Bhd's director Shahabudin Yusof said a company from Yemen requested the group's assistance in data management while others in Qatar and Kuwait wanted presentations on its capability.
The group took part in the AOGS as it was ready to push and export its data management and exploration and production services, he told Bernama here.
"We are trying to penetrate Oman to get some jobs and this show is the best way to get ourselves exposed," he said.
Shahabudin said the company was waiting for the final result of its bid for the multi-million dollar Oman job relating to oil and gas land survey.
Previously, it conducted offshore survey for the oil and gas industry and was now moving to onshore.
"We are not sure we will get it or not since this is the first time we are going for a project in Oman and competing with strong international players. Even if we lose (the bid), it would be OK since we want to learn," he said.
The group, which aspires to become a global player with strong market share in the industry, aims to move into Libya and Algeria where there are immediate requirements for geologists and assistance for oil drilling as well as data management, Shahabudin said.
"Give us one to two years at least and we can get something going," he said.
The group, he added, has been providing its own designed data management system services, which are required for the oil and gas sector, for many years.
On the outlook of the oil and gas industry, Shahabudin said for the next 10 years the market was expected to be growing.
He said many companies were taking advantage of the steep oil prices to accelerate their projects.
"Because of this, there may be shortage of manpower as well as some services and equipment. But as we are from the service side, so we can still absorb this as we have the capacity," he said.
Orogenic's services include survey and positioning, geotechnical, integrated exploration and production consultancy, and mudlogging and gyroscope.
It took part in the AOGS last week with six other companies under Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (Matrade) Dubai.
- [12-05-2011] - OGSB secured new project in Indonesia.
- [11-11-2009] - OGEO Took Delivery of MV Genesis
- [11-11-2009] - Orogenic GeoExpro Completed Maiden 2D HR Digital Seismic Work
- [06-11-2009] - OGEO wins 3 years contract in Brunei
- [11-11-2009] - OGEO wins contract with EMEPMI
- [28-10-2008] - Orogenic GeoExpro Takes Delivery of DPV Ekteshaf
- [28-10-2008] - Orogenic Will Participate in Three (3) Oil and Gas Exhibitions
- [28-10-2008] - Orogenic Eyes European Markets
- [11-01-2008] - Orogenic Group Eyes RM156 Million Revenue by Next Year
- [28-10-2008] - Press Release on Purchase of Geotechnical Vessel - MV Orogenic Geos
- [28-10-2008] - BERNAMA - Orogenic Eyes Middle East Oil And Gas Market
- [28-10-2008] - Ain't No Mountain High Enough: Orogenic features in MPC Resource Magazine
- [07-11-2007] - Energy Current: Orogenic to support ConocoPhillips' Natuna Sea project
- [07-11-2007] - Business Times: Orogenic supplies expertise to global oil firms